Being a successful supervisor can be a challenge: you have a lot of responsibility, and usually, very little supervisory training. The Cabrillo College Supervisory Academy is designed to deliver results in a 12-week program that helps participants develop skills and become a better supervisor. Participants may choose which modules are best for them, or attend all 12!
The Supervisory Academy develops competencies and skills that are critical to effective, clear and positive communication which build the trust that is the foundation to all successful organizations. This program will teach you how to turn those challenging and uncomfortable conversations into empowering interactions. You will learn to become resourceful and solutions oriented so that you and your team make your greatest contribution and get extraordinary results. The Supervisory Academy is dedicated to anyone who is seeking excellence on their professional path! You do not need to be a supervisor to receive value from this program, you simply need the desire to perform at your best.
In these weekly meetings, participants will…
- Use essential skills that will make their jobs easier and teams more efficient
- Self-assess and make effective choices about their leadership development
- Build, sustain and repair trust with their teams
- Set clear performance expectations
- Improve communication with all levels of their organizations
- Delegate, coach and develop teams
- Motivate employees
- Make better decisions and solve the right problems
- And so much more!
“The size, industry, and profitability of an organization do not necessarily deem it successful. Successful organizations have people who feel valued and engaged in what they are creating through the organization.” – Jennifer Mount
Tuesday Morning Series:
October 1 – December 17, 2019
9:00 am – 12:00 Noon
Aptos Campus, room 1522