The Rancho del Mar Shopping Center had been purchased by Safeway Stores, Inc., which announced plans for a major Rancho del Mar Redevelopment. However, after Safeway merged with Albertsons, the new management structure decided to instead sell Rancho del Mar, and a number of other shopping centers it owned, to Terramar Retail Centers LLC. At this point it is unknown what plans Terramar has for the shopping center.
The shopping center has been in Aptos since the 1960s and has not had a major redevelopment in its history. While some in the community feel that Aptos is in need of an “improved” Rancho del Mar shopping center, many feel that the new Safeway plans are over the top and not in line with character of Aptos. In addition, many retailers which in some cases have decades invested in the shopping center and the community may be forced to move, or, in many cases, go out of business altogether.
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Community Gathering at Rancho Del Mar September 15 (September 12, 2017)
- Rancho del Mar Meeting Set for February 23 (February 14, 2017)
- The Colonel has Left the Building (November 13, 2016)
- Rancho del Mar Community Meeting Set for April 28th (March 31, 2016)
- Online Petition for Rancho del Mar (February 3, 2016)
- Final Curtain Call at the Aptos Cinema (January 28, 2016)
- Zach Friend Speaks at Aptos Chamber (January 14, 2016)
- Zach Friend’s January Aptos Update (January 8, 2015)
- Rancho del Mar Shopping Center has been Sold (December 30, 2014)
- New Website Aims to Save Aptos (May 12, 2014)
- Aptos Cinema upgrade is complete (November 29, 2013)
Read a good book lately?
If you have some room on your reading list, I invite you to read my book Get It Sold! Now in its Second Edition! It's an easy read (just 145 pages!) and it tells you everything you need to know about selling your home quickly, easily, and at absolute peak pricing. I'll send it to you for free - no shipping charge either!
OK Send me a Copy!
SaveAptos.com – Aptos residents and businesses working to improve the redevelopment plans