In the fourth segment of our interview with Supervisor Zach Friend, Zach talks about the tremendous challenges we as a community face with our transportation. He talks about the need for Santa Cruz county to become a “self help” county when it comes to transportation. He says this is the only way that the county will be able to attract outside dollars (from the State of California and Federal government) for our much-needed transportation projects, such as widening Highway 1, Santa Cruz Metro, the Mar Vista Pedestrian Bride, and the Santa Cruz rail corridor.
Watch the Video Now
In the fifth segment of the interview, Supervisor Friend talks about establishing passenger rail service along the Santa Cruz Branch Line rail corridor, and the construction of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Scenic Trail Network.
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Zach Friend Interview: Aptos Village (May 25, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Housing Affordability (May 17, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Fiber Optic Broadband Internet (May 3, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Sustainable Santa Cruz (April 18, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Passenger Train and Rail Trail (March 31, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Second Term Goals (March 10, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: First Term Accomplishments (March 7, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Introduction (March 1, 2016)