I got to sit down with Santa Cruz County 2nd District Supervisor Zach Friend for an interview, to talk about a number of topics that concern his constituents here in Aptos – and all of the 2nd District, and Santa Cruz county as a whole, for that matter. Although Zach has been supervisor for nearly four years, a lot of folks in the community are not too familiar with him and his background. To kick off the interview, we asked Zach to introduce himself. Many folks know that Zach isn’t native to Santa Cruz – so I asked him how it is that he ended up living here in Aptos, and the answer he gave may surprise you.
Watch the Zach Friend Interview: Introduction
In a few days, we’ll post the next segment of the Interview – there are a total of 9 segments in all. In the next segment, we ask Zach to reflect on what he considers to be his biggest accomplishments during his first term as county Supervisor. We discussed a lot of hot-button topics for the community: housing, transportation, economic development, fiber optic Internet, Aptos Village, the Rancho del Mar Shopping Center, and many more issues our community is grappling with.
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Zach Friend Interview: Aptos Village (May 25, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Housing Affordability (May 17, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Fiber Optic Broadband Internet (May 3, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Sustainable Santa Cruz (April 18, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Passenger Train and Rail Trail (March 31, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Transportation (March 27, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Second Term Goals (March 10, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: First Term Accomplishments (March 7, 2016)