In this second segment of our interview with Supervisor Zach Friend, we asked Zach to speak about his accomplishments during his first term as 2nd District County Supervisor. Zach touched on a number of achievements, including working to refund the public safety element of the county budget, re-establishing the Santa Cruz County Parks department as its own department, independent of Public Works, and infrastructure improvements such as Citizen Connect, the county’s new mobile app. When it comes to public safety, he points out that the Sheriff’s department is once again fully staffed for the first time since 2008. Not only is the Parks Department on its own again, we also opened the first new park in Aptos in a generation, and are set to break ground on new permanent restrooms and concession stand at the Polo Fields Park in a few months.
There’s lots more to this segment of the interview, watch it below.
Watch the Video Now
In the third segment of the Interview, the Supervisor talks about why he’s running for re-election, and his goals and priorities for a second term. We’ll have that ready for you in a few days – so stay tuned!
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Zach Friend Interview: Aptos Village (May 25, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Housing Affordability (May 17, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Fiber Optic Broadband Internet (May 3, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Sustainable Santa Cruz (April 18, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Passenger Train and Rail Trail (March 31, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Transportation (March 27, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Second Term Goals (March 10, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Introduction (March 1, 2016)