The Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery is not actually located in Aptos – but it’s right next door in Capitola, and it’s such an amazing place that were it actually located in Aptos, it surely would be an Aptos Gem. And although it isn’t physically in Aptos, there’s no question that many Aptos children (of all ages!) are going to be spending a lot of time at the Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery.
Aptos and Santa Cruz offer natural outdoor wonders which are hard to match, especially for an area which is so close to major population centers like the San Francisco Bay Area. One thing that Santa Cruz County has lacked, however, is a great place for kids to come play, learn, explore, and grow. That has all changed with the advent of the Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery, located in the Capitola Mall, and open seven days per week.
Watch this video below to learn more about the museum from its founder, Patrice Keet.
Photos from the September 2014 Sneak Peek
Video of Laser Play Exhibit @ Sneak Peek
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Museum of Discovery Debuts Tinkering Workshop (March 8, 2017)
- Enjoy a Night at the Museum! (July 9, 2016)
- Museum of Discovery at Aptos Library on May 21 (May 20, 2015)
- Spring Break is Happening at the MOD! (March 25, 2015)
- Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery Grand Opening (November 19, 2014)