The Castro House in Aptos is one of the oldest remaining structures in Aptos. It was originally built by Vicente Castro in 1870s. Vicente Castro was the son of Rafael Castro, who originally received the 5000 acre land grant for Aptos Rancho from Mexican Governor Jose Figuroa in 1833. Today the Castro House is the community center for the Aptos Blue housing complex, and has been totally remodeled and updated on the inside, while retaining the original style on the outside.
- Artwork on display in the Castro House (Pinterest)
- the House that Vicente Built and other Aptos History (PDF)
The historic Castro House, one of the oldest structures in Aptos. Refurbished as part of the Aptos Blue apartment complex. #aptos #castro #california #history