Work on the Aptos Village project is proceeding apace, and the county of Santa Cruz is now accepting applications from buyers for ten (10) affordable Aptos Village homes. These homes are deed-restricted Measure J units, the buyers for which must meet strict program criteria. These ten homes will be sold in two phases, with Phase 1 releasing four (4) 1-bedroom units and one (1) 2-bedroom unit. Phase 2 will have one 1-bedroom, two 2-bedroom, and two 3-bedroom units.
To qualify to buy these affordable Aptos village homes, you must be a first-time buyer and must have household income at or below 120% of the area median income. Applications are due May 18th 2018, with a lottery drawing to be held on June 1st of this year. Prices for these ten affordable Aptos Village homes have not been finalized, but preliminary reports indicate pricing will be in this range:
- 1-bedroom: $256,000-$280,000
- 2-bedroom: $296,000-$322,000
- 3-bedroom: $338,000-$363,000
Median income varies by household size, and Santa Cruz county is using these figures to determine yearly maximum income for qualification:
- 1 Person Household: $73,100
- 2 Person Household. $83,500
- 3 Person Household: $93,950
- 4 Person Household: $104,400
- 5 Person Household: $112,750
- 6 Person Household: $121,100
- 7 Person Household: $129,450
Looking for a Home in Aptos?
Every home in Aptos is unique, and finding just the right home can be like finding that needle in a haystack. Fortunately, now there's RealtyVirtuoso.com, featuring the best search engine for Aptos homes and real estate available online today!
The county will be holding a workshop for those interested in throwing their hat in the ring for one of these coveted units. The workshop will be held on Saturday, March 24th 2018, in the conference room of the Rio Sands Hotel. There will be two sessions: one in English from 1:00 to 2:00 pm and on in Spanish from 2:30 to 3:30 pm.
For more information on the process of purchasing these homes, please download this document from the Santa Cruz County Planning Department’s web site.
Barry Swenson, the developer of the Aptos Village, has indicated that sales of non-Measure J units should begin in Spring of 2018, at the time that the first units are ready for occupancy. Pricing for these units has not been announced.
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Aptos Summer 2018 Real Estate Wrap-Up (August 29, 2018)
- Aptos Village Merchants Announced (August 21, 2018)
- Aptos Wine Wander Returns for 2018 (April 25, 2018)
- Aptos Apple Barn Reaches Final Location (March 17, 2017)
- Time Lapse Video shows Hihn Apple Barn Moving (October 19, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Aptos Village (May 25, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Housing Affordability (May 17, 2016)
- Aptos Wine Wander Set for May 14 (April 19, 2016)
- Work has Begun on Second Aptos Trestle Mural (March 31, 2016)
- We Are Aptos Lawsuit Examined (March 25, 2016)
Read a good book lately?
If you have some room on your reading list, I invite you to read my book Get It Sold! It's an easy read (just 110 pages!) and it tells you everything you need to know about selling your home quickly, easily, and at absolute peak pricing. I'll send it to you for free - no shipping charge either!
OK Send me a Copy!