The Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors will discuss Aptos Village design changes at their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 5th at 9 AM. They will also discuss the recent appeal to the Level 4 planning approval. The Aptos Village Plan was unanimously approved by the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors in 2012, but when approval was given, the builder was allowed some flexibility to make changes, and these changes will be discussed at this meeting.
The changes include:
- Re-routed Aptos Village Way around Bay View Hotel property, splitting Building 6 into two smaller buildings
- Relocated future SCWD water well site, (with Soquel Creek Water District collaboration)
- Minor boundary adjustment along donated future park land to accommodate more parking
3 parking garage spaces added to back of Building 7
- Using optional 6 additional condo units in Building 3
- Deleted man bridge between Building 3 and Building 4, (for FNMA compliance), and added an elevator
- Removed interior courtyards and back alley at Building 12 and added backyards
It is expected that the meeting will be well attended, and the public will be given an opportunity to speak and share their thoughts and opinions on the project and the design changes. As the meeting will be held during working hours, those who are unable to attend are encouraged to give email Supervisor Zach Friend at email@example.com and let him know their thoughts.