- This event has passed.
Housing & Cooperatives in Santa Cruz
May 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Housing & Cooperatives
Presentations, Resource Sharing and Community Conversations
With Benjamin Pearl, and Miriam Greenberg
@ Kresge Town Hall
Tuesday, May 21st, 5PM-8PM
Free food, Tea, And Conversations That Matter!
You are invited to a free community dinner, presentations and World Cafe conversations about the future of cooperatives and affordable housing in Santa Cruz. Guest speakers include Ben Pearl and others TBD who will share case studies of successful models. We are inviting community organizations to table at the event and share opportunities for getting involved in a number of exciting initiatives.
- 5:00 – Mixer
- 5:20 – Presentations
- 6:10 – World Cafe small group conversations – What can we do together?
- 6:55 – Dinner
- 7:10 – Whole group conversation – What did we learn? Where to from here?
- 8:00 – Adjourn
- Get together to share a wholesome meal, tea and good conversations
- Learn case studies of successful cooperatives and affordable housing in California
- Provide a place for dialogue between students, faculty, staff and the Santa Cruz community about the future
- Provide a place for creativity, innovation and opening up of new possibilities
- A better understanding of the possible futures for housing and cooperatives in SC, including the development of housing cooperatives
- Specific actions for addressing the needs which the participants believe are vital
- Recommendations for policy and future development
- A stronger network of people to get things done
The Host: Kresge College Common Ground Center
The University Café is a quarterly event we put in to bring the about 100 people together ‘conversations that matter’ to students, faculty and the Santa Cruz community. We serve a delicious community meal to savor as we savor the conversations.