In the third segment of our interview with Supervisor Zach Friend, Zach talks about what his second term goals are. He cites a lot of unfinished business from his first term, especially on the infrastructure side. Roads, traffic, and transportation financing are problems he feels need to be addressed in a multitude of ways. In the interview, Friend notes there has been a significant cultural shift in the county in recent years with three new members of the board of supervisors. Zach says the county too often has been in the business of saying no, but now we need to find a way to say yes to ways to address a number of problems facing the county while still staying true to our values and the character of the county.
Watch the Video Now
In the fourth segment of the Interview, the Supervisor talks about what can be done to improve transportation in Santa Cruz county, which is a hot-button issue for virtually everyone. Zach has a lot of interesting things to say on the topic, so be sure to watch this space for that!
Related Posts On AptosCommunityNews
- Zach Friend Interview: Aptos Village (May 25, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Housing Affordability (May 17, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Fiber Optic Broadband Internet (May 3, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Sustainable Santa Cruz (April 18, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Passenger Train and Rail Trail (March 31, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Transportation (March 27, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: First Term Accomplishments (March 7, 2016)
- Zach Friend Interview: Introduction (March 1, 2016)